1. "I apologize to the pap [sic] for a stunt that was done 4 months ago regarding an umbrella."
—Britney Spears on her Web site
2. "He really went out on a limb."
—Sgt. Ernie Goodno of Manchester, New Hampshire, about a man attempting a bank robbery disguised as a tree.
3. "With so many felons being Democrats, the party might want to think about changing its mascot from a donkey to a jailbird."
—Ann Coulter on her Web site
4. "Board to Continue Trustee Selction [sic] Process."
—Idaho State Board of Education
5. "Have a designated driver."
—Paris Hilton on her MySpace page July 4
6. Bush administration officials "believe they should be able to do what they want to do and that the law is a minor obstacle."
—Bill Clinton, regarding the Scooter Libby case.
7. "I don't know what Arkansan is for chutzpah, but this is a gigantic case of it."
—Tony Snow, responding.