Floating the river. Shakespeare under the stars. Outdoor markets. Lazy evenings at the ballpark. The joys of summer in the City of Trees are numerous, and you can add al fresco movie watching to that list. Some time ago, Boise Parks & Recreation began presenting feature films in Julia Davis Park. The idea took off like a box office blockbuster. The city has since extended the free film events to include other city parks; and to enhance the viewing pleasure it purchased a giant, inflatable screen and a high-tech sound system.
Due to last April's arson at the historic Julia Davis Park bandshell, many of this summer's features will be screened at other city parks. That said, the season-ending event is set for Julia Davis.
Here's the full schedule:
- Saturday, June 17, at Ann Morrison Park
- Friday, June 21, at Bowden Park
- Saturday, June 22, at Redwood Park
- Saturday, June 29, at Fort Boise Park
- Saturday, July 13, at Cassia Park
- Saturday, July 20, at Ann Morrison Park
- Saturday, July 27, at Peppermint Park
- Saturday, Aug. 3, at Simplot Sports Complex
- Saturday, Aug. 10, at Julia Davis Park
As for which feature films will be shown this summer, well, that's really up to you. Parks and Rec officials are mulling dozens of titles, but they need your input. Follow this link
and select your top three movie choices. The survey will close this Friday, April 12.