In 2015, Treefort broke even for the first time, leaving enough money in its coffers to allow it to continue in 2016, as well as pay year-round staff, according to festival officials.
Along with word of Treefort financials came other fest figures:
- Almost 14,000 people attended Treefort 2015—8,000 ticketed attendees; 3,600 Alefort-goers; 1,800 band members and 500 volunteers.
- The majority of attendees—69 percent—were between the ages of 20 and 39.
- Around 26 percent of five-day pass holders hailed from beyond Idaho, with people coming to the City of Trees from as far away as Italy, South Africa and Japan.
- A total of 433 bands performed at 27 venues.
- Yogafort and Treefort Film Fest sold out of advance tickets.
- About 12 percent of attendees used alternative transportation to get to the festival.