- Flickr User Edward Kimmel, CC By 2.0
Elsewhere across the region:
- A passenger was killed in a one-vehicle crash in the Bannock County community of McCammon on June 3.
- A motorcyclist was killed June 2 in a single-vehicle crash west of the Boise County community of Lowman.
- Another motorcyclist was killed June 2 when his vehicle was hit from behind near the Canyon County community of Melba.
- A passenger was killed in a one-vehicle crash east of the Washington County community of Weiser.
"With the recent spike in fatal crashes, I want to take this opportunity to implore Idahoans to be extra cautious while on our roadways this summer," said Colonel Kedrick Wills, ISP director. "It's easier than ever to become distracted and to lose focus on what matters while driving, which is to keep your hands on the wheel and your eyes on the road - and to remain sober and unimpaired. It only takes a moment to lose focus and to end up in a potentially fatal crash. Our hearts go out to the family members who are grieving the recent loss of their loved ones and also to the first responders who are always there; it never gets easier to work the scene of a fatal crash, especially when the victims include children."