- Theatre Arts/Boise State University
- Michael Baltzell has been awarded a 2016 Governor's Award for Excellence in the Arts.
Among them was Boise State University Associate Professor of Theatre Arts Michael Baltzell, who has also been awarded a Mayor's Award for Excellence in the Arts, a Nell Shipman Award and a fellowship from the Idaho Commission on the Arts.
For the past 14 years, Baltzell has been the set designer for Boise Contemporary Theater and, for more than a quarter century, he has been a designer, technical director and scenic artist for the Idaho Shakespeare Festival.
Also on the list of honorees was Boise-based singer/songwriter Steve Eaton, who has written music for Glen Campbell, Art Garfunkel and more. He's also the co-founder of the Idaho Songwriter's Association.
Both Eaton and Baltzell were awardees in the Excellence in the Arts category, along with Hailey-based actor and director John Glenn and the Idaho State-Civic Symphony in Pocatello.
Other winners include:
- Steve Derricott, of Meridian, rawhide braider—Excellence in Folk and Traditional Arts
- National Oregon/California Trail Center, of Montpelier—Support of the Arts
- Sally Machlis, of Moscow, professor of Art and Design and Art Education—Support of Arts Education
- Tina Perry, of Meridian, retired school principal—Support of Arts Education
- Karen Fothergill, of Twin Falls, high-school art teacher—Support of Arts Education
- Camille Barigar, of Twin Falls, manager of Arts on Tour performing arts series—Excellence in Arts Administration
- Jacqueline Crist, of Boise, formerly of J. Crist Gallery, managing partner of the James Castle Collection and Archive—Exceptional Service