The Morrison Center unveiled its 2019-2020 Broadway in Boise lineup early today, but the bigger news was that the record-breaking Broadway smash Hamilton will be coming to Boise as part of the Morrison Center's 2020-2021 season. And subscribers who renew their season tickets for the 2019-2020 season will get the first crack at tickets for Hamilton. Tickets for the coming season go on sale Friday, May 3.
As for the upcoming 2019-2020 season, here's the rundown:
- Waitress, the Tony-nominated musical penned by Musician Sara Bareilles based on the 2007 film, will run Thursday, Nov. 7, through Saturday, Nov. 9.
- A Christmas Story, a musical adaptation of the 1983 holiday film, will run Friday, Nov. 22, through Sunday, Nov. 24.
- Fiddler On the Roof, a reboot of the legendary 1964 Broadway hit directed by Tony-winning Bartlett Sher, runs Friday, Jan. 3, 2020, through Sunday, Jan. 5, 2020.
- The Play That Goes Wrong, a fast-paced farce that won two Tony Awards in 2017, runs Friday, Jan. 31, 2020, through Sunday, Feb. 2, 2020.
- Bandstand, a new World War II-era play that was a Broadway hit in 2017, runs Friday, April 3, 2020 through Sunday, April 5, 2020.
- Stomp, a reboot of the all-rhythm musical, will run Friday, Feb. 21, 2020, through Saturday, Feb. 22, 2020.
- The Book of Mormon, the Tony-winning Best Musical, will return Tuesday, June 2, 2020, through Sunday, June 7, 2020.