- Bingo Barnes
- Former White House counsel Donald McGahn had been scheduled to testify today before a House Judiciary Committee, but President Trump has ordered McGahn to defy a subpoena from the committee seeking information on the special counsel's Russia investigation. Separately on Monday, a judge ruled that Trump's accounting firm must turn over his financial records to Congress, triggering the real possibility of a court test of Trump's vow to "resist all subpoenas." Meanwhile, NBC News reports that House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-California) is under increased pressure to move forward with an impeachment inquiry.
Don McGahn’s lawyer says McGahn will not appear at House Judiciary Cmte. hearing Tuesday, in letter obtained by NBC News. pic.twitter.com/d1OoLPd79w— NBC News (@NBCNews) May 21, 2019
- max pixel CC1.0
- One of the Treasure Valley's largest high school graduations will occur this evening when Boise High holds its commencement at Taco Bell Arena.
- Andrea, the first named tropical storm of the 2019 Atlantic hurricane season, formed overnight. The massive weather maker is a few hundred miles southwest of Bermuda.
- CNBC reports that Dressbarn is going out of business. The Ascena Retail Group announced Monday that it will shutter all 650 of its Dressbarn stores. Idaho's only Dressbarn is on Milwaukee Street in Boise. CNBC says more than 6,000 retail locations have been closed so far in 2019 by companies ranging from Payless Shoes to Gymboree and Victoria's Secret. That's more store closures than in all of 2018.
- The Hollywood Reporter says
- Rob Obsidian flickr CC 2.0
- Sesame Street has introduced a new Muppet character, Karli, who is in foster care. In one of Karli's first episodes, she explains that her mother is "having a hard time" and that her "for-now parents" will "keep her safe until her mommy can take care of her again." Take a look:
Even when hearts feel like they’re breaking, they can still grow bigger and bigger with more love and care. Karli, a young Muppet in foster care, and her friend @Elmo look at what fills up their hearts in this new video on @SesameCommunity. #SesameCommunity pic.twitter.com/GS4DFtd6F6— Sesame Street (@sesamestreet) May 20, 2019