- Bingo Barnes
- U.S. Attorney General William Barr says he will not testify today before a House Judiciary Committee, one day after a contentious Senate hearing in which he dismissed Special Counsel Robert Mueller's criticism of how he handled the probe into Russian meddling in the 2016 election. The New York Times reports that Barr called Mueller's complaints "a bit snitty." Barr faces a possible charge of Contempt of Congress for refusing to testify.
Attorney General William Barr faced blistering criticism from Senate Democrats about his characterizations of the Mueller report https://t.co/4yMCJWlvzl— The New York Times (@nytimes) May 2, 2019
- UPDATE: Boise Police on Thursday afternoon said the circumstances in their investigation into an alleged sexual assault had changed. Initially, a female victim told police that a man forced his way into her vehicle in a parking lot near South Vinnell Way and Overland Road, made her drive to another location and then sexually assaulted her. On Thursday, BPD said the man and woman were known to one another and the man was cooperating with the investigation. No charges have been filed.
- More parents have been informed that they're under investigation in the nation's largest-ever college admissions scandal, stirring speculation about which high-profile executive or celebrity might be charged next. NBC News reports that one family paid a staggering $6.5 million to get their daughter into Stanford.
- The odds-on favorite to win this weekend's Kentucky Derby was suddenly scratched from the race Wednesday. ESPN reports that the horse, Omaha Beach, has an entrapped epiglottis, the triangle-shaped piece of cartilage that is at the base of the airway.
- Idaho Gives,
- Courtesy Idaho Gives
- The official Twitter account of the Indian Army's Additional Directorate General of Public Information tweeted a picture of what it claimed were tracks in the snow from the Yeti, aka the Abominable Snowman. CNN says the Indian Army Mountaineering Expedition Team claimed to have found evidence of the mythical Himalayan monster in an isolated, mountainous area between Nepal and Tibet.