- Celebrity chef Anthony Bourdain was found dead in a Paris hotel room early today. CNN confirmed that the 61-year-old Bourdain, who hosted the program Parts Unknown on the network, died of suicide. Bourdain rose to fame with his 2000 memoir Kitchen Confidential, which led him to his first travel/food television show, No Reservations, before going on to win the Emmy and Peabody awards for Parts Unknown.
- A Boise firefighter was injured battling a house fire on the 5700 block of West Elkhorn Drive on Thursday. Unfortunately, a pet dog was killed in the blaze. The injured firefighter was taken to a local hospital for what officials said were heat-related issues. No word yet on the cause.
No one was hurt, one dog did not make it. We had 4 engines and 2 trucks on scene.— Boise Fire Dept. (@BoiseFire) June 7, 2018
- The biggest news in the nation's capital today is that the Washington Capitals have won their first Stanley Cup. The Caps beat the Vegas Golden Knights last night, 4-3. It's the first national championship win for D.C. in any any sport since 1992.
- Meanwhile, the NBA championships resume this evening in Cleveland, where the Golden State Warriors can claim the world championship with just one more win against the Cavaliers. But for many, the Warriors are already the champs. Food & Wine magazine reports that because the Warriors have already won one game on the visitor's home court: everyone in America can get a free taco from Taco Bell on Thursday, June 13. It's part of the restaurant chain's "steal a game, steal a taco " promotion.
- Some of the surviving cast members of the film Gladiator gathered for an 18th anniversary screening of the Oscar-winning film at the Colosseum in Rome, Italy. But The Hollywood Reporter says it doesn't look like everyone can still fit into their tunics.
- British actress Claire Foy is best known for her Golden Globe-winning portrayal of Queen Elizabeth in Netflix's The Crown. But she's hardly recognizable as Lisbeth Salander in the new film adaptation of the bestseller The Girl in the Spider's Web. It opens in movie theaters this November. Here's a preview: