- Bingo Barnes
- Bars in Washington, D.C. opened early, drinking games were invented and previously scheduled meetings have been canceled as former FBI Director James Comey stepped before the U.S. Senate Intelligence Committee this morning to talk about his dealings with President Donald Trump before being fired earlier this spring. The testimony has been dubbed "must-see TV," with a huge national television audience tuned in to watch the hearing. In written testimony released before the hearing, Comey described the pressure from Trump to "lift the cloud," repeatedly asking for Comey's loyalty.The New York Times is streaming the hearing live. Watch below:
- Montana Congressman-elect Greg Gianforte said he will plead no contest to a misdemeanor assault charge for roughing up a reporter just prior to his election victory in late May. CNN reported Gianforte has also sent a letter of apology to U.K. Guardian reporter Ben Jacobs, who he attacked in what has been described as a "body-slamming." Gianforte also pledged to donate $50,000 to the Committee to Protect Journalists.
- Six days after a trio of assailants killed eight people and injured dozens more in the city of London, voters in the U.K. are going to the polls today to elect a new government. In April, Prime Minister Theresa May made the surprise announcement that she would call for a national election on June 8, three years earlier than most had expected. According to The Washington Post, early polls suggest May is likely to increase her Conservative majority in Parliament.
- The morning commute in Boise was a bit more challenging Thursday when a crash blocked a number of lanes at the intersection of I-84 and the Boise Connector. Few details were available, but Idaho State Police reported the crash occurred eastbound on I-84 at the I-184 connection, significantly slowing traffic. All lanes were back open by 8:45 a.m.
- Crews finished installing a 2,000-foot-long "muscle wall" Wednesday in Julia Davis Park. The barrier is a preventive measure in case the Boise River spills its banks, floods the park and threatens nearby Zoo Boise. Zoo officials said the barrier is much cheaper and efficient than having to evacuate hundreds of animals from the area. BW summer intern Elizabeth Findley captured some of Wednesday's installation on video. Check it out below:
- The Golden State Warriors scored 11 unanswered points Wednesday night, wrapping up a 118-113 win over the Cleveland Cavaliers and taking a 3-0 lead in the best-of-seven NBA championship. If the Warriors win Friday night, they will have gone undefeated in the NBA playoff series—something no other team has ever accomplished.
Watch Kevin Durant's clincher again, from all the angles: https://t.co/PaROkchePA— ESPN (@espn) June 8, 2017