- Bingo Barnes
- CNN was one of multiple media outlets given a copy of prepared remarks written by President Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, in advance of his in-person testimony before a Senate panel probing his 2016 meeting with a Russian lawyer. The Russian had promised to deliver damaging information about Hillary Clinton to the Trump campaign at the height of the 2016 election cycle. "I had no improper contacts," Kushner wrote to the Senate panel. "I did not collude, nor know of anyone else in the campaign who colluded, with any foreign government."
Jared Kushner is seen leaving his home en route to Capitol Hill for a closed-door meeting with Senate investigators— CNN (@CNN) July 24, 2017
- The New York Times reports that the new director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention is facing a backlash from public health advocates for having accepted $1,000,000 from the Coca-Cola company to fight child obesity. It turns out that Coke has two employees on a Georgia-based advisory board known as Georgia Shape, a statewide fitness initiative overseen by Dr. Brenda Fitzgerald. And now, Fitzgerald is President Donald Trump's choice to head the CDC. According to the Times, critics ripped Fitzgerald's solicitation of money from Coca-Cola, saying the company remains a major cause of obesity.
- Crews continue to battle a wildfire near Muldoon Canyon near Bellevue. The Blaine County Sheriff's Office is cautioning residents and motorists to stay clear of the area. Firefighting crews from Carey, Hailey, Ketchum and Sun Valley are on the scene while U.S. Forest Service crews are battling the flames through air attacks.
- Courtesy Idaho State Police
- One person was killed, four other injured in a three motorcycle crash.
- Idaho State Police report that three motorcyclists and two passengers were involved in a bad crash on Idaho 75 near Galena Summit on Sunday, resulting in the death of one of the riders. 26-year-old Kimberly Hayes of Boise was pronounced dead at the scene. Four others were seriously injured. ISP said Hayes was riding northbound on I-75 when she failed to negotiate a curve, crossed the center line and sideswiped a trailer being pulled by a southbound pickup truck. Another of the motorcyclists struck Hayes and then crashed. A third motorcyclist lost control of his bike and also crashed. Two additional passengers on the second and third motorcycles were also injured. Both lanes of the highway were blocked for several hours.
- Fox Business News reports that Apple is warning of a new cyber threat but is taking steps to thwart the attack. An Apple spokesman told FBN's Tracee Crassco that Apple was issuing a critical security patch for all iOS devices and Mac computers.
- The world's oldest major golf championship crowned its youngest winner Sunday. 23-year-old Jordan Spieth shot a final round 69 to take home the famed British Open Claret Jug. Spieth was 12 under par for the tournament. Spieth is also the second youngest golfer in the modern era to win three major championships, second only to Jack Nicklaus.