- Bingo Barnes
- In an exclusive report Thursday, The New York Times reported that President Donald Trump demanded special counsel Robert Mueller be fired and Mueller's probe into Russian ties to the White House be halted. But a White House counsel threatened to resign if Trump went through with Mueller's dismissal. Meanwhile, Mueller's investigation continues, with its sights set on Trump himself as a potential witness. This morning, Trump called the Times report, "fake news."
- Meanwhile Trump continues to polish his State of the Union address—his first, which he'll deliver before Congress next Tuesday, Jan. 30. The nationally televised address usually attracts quite a few viewers, but just as many may tune in to Jimmy Kimmel Live later that same night. Variety reports that porn star Stormy Daniels, accused of taking hush money from Trump just weeks before his 2016 election, appears on Kimmel's late night show.
- Boise State security sent out messages early this morning to students, teachers and staff that a robbery at knifepoint had been reported in the parking lot outside Albertson's Stadium. The public was asked to stay clear of the area. The male suspect was described as Hispanic, 40 to 50 years old, dark-haired and wearing white cargo pants with a brown leather coat and red shoes. Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
- Randy Fowler is a fixture in Boise. He's a Rod Stewart look-alike and operates Rod's Limos in the Treasure Valley. He's also the brother of Kevin Spacey. In an exclusive interview with The Sun newspaper in the United Kingdom, Fowler claimed his father was a monster and Nazi sympathizer who raped him over 50 times before the age of 14, but said his Oscar-winning brother "was worse due to fame, power and wealth." Spacey was recently accused of sexual assault and pulled from his co-starring role in All The Money In the World. The man who replaced Spacey in the film, Christopher Plummer, garnered an Oscar nomination this week for his performance.
Kevin Spacey’s brother says the actor is ‘worse’ than his Nazi rapist dad https://t.co/H2DSgoB2LO— The Sun (@TheSun) January 25, 2018
- The 2017 Best Actor Oscar winner, Casey Affleck, won't be attending this year's ceremony. Deadline reports that Affleck will be a no-show at the Academy Awards, following allegations of sexual harassment leveled against the actor. Traditionally, the previous past Best Actor Oscar winner presents the next Best Actress Oscar.
- WerbeFrabrik CC1.0
- Things are getting a little nutty in France over Nutella. The French supermarket chain Intermarche recently offered a big sale on the hazelnut spread, slashing prices by 70 percent. But The Guardian reports that "riots and brawls" have broken out in the stores as shoppers try to grab as much Nutella as possible.
"They're like animals," a shopper told The Guardian. "One woman had her hair pulled. An elderly lady took a box on her head. Another had a bloody hand."
Discounted Nutella causes chaos in French supermarkets – video https://t.co/wV2V27PMyU— The Guardian (@guardian) January 26, 2018