News » Citydesk

GoFundMe Effort Launched to Assist Boise Family With Badly Burned Dog

by

Guiness was badly injured in a December 9 Boise fire. - GOFUNDME.COM/JXEAYX44
  • gofundme.com/jxeayx44
  • Guiness was badly injured in a December 9 Boise fire.
A Dec. 9 house fire on the 400 block of Jefferson Street, west of downtown Boise, has left a family struggling to meet the cost of veterinary bills for their black lab, who was badly burned in the blaze.

Boise firefighters were able to rescue the dog, named Guinness, from the accidental fire, which badly damaged the home and took nearly all of the residents' personal property. According to neighbors, the dog requires oxygen and IV fluids from the West Vet Animal Hospital. Additionally, the dog's corneas were badly burned.

Friends and neighbors in the West Downtown Neighborhood Association say they have set up a GoFundMe account to assist the family with their veterinary bills.

Guiness was badly injured in a December 9 Boise fire. - GOFUNDME.COM/JXEAYX44
  • gofundme.com/jxeayx44
  • Guiness was badly injured in a December 9 Boise fire.