1.Accurato.com Furniture and Fine Art-1020 Main St., Boise, 424-8115. Digital photography exhibit. Opening reception with fine art digital photographs of Costa Rica by Lena Johnson. Also celebrating the store's grand opening. Champagne and appetizers.
2. Art Source Gallery-1015 W. Main St., Boise, 331-3374. "Seasons of Idaho." First Thursday opening reception for new impressionist landscape works in oil by artist Gregg Russell. Chamber music by Traumerische Trio. Nibbles and beverages. 6-9 p.m.
3. Bandanna Running and Walking-504 W. Main St., Boise, 386-9017. A solo exhibition featuring Sarah Lodwick's original artwork inspired by the human form in motion.
4. Basement Gallery-928 W. Main St., Boise, 333-0309. Summer exhibit. John Killmaster, a former BSU professor, exhibits a variety of enamel, gouache and oil pieces. Tarmo Watia, also a former BSU professor, shows an all-new series of original oil paintings. Kellie Cosho makes her Gallery debut with fresh works in pastel, ink and other mixed media. Amy Lunstrum displays a new series of unique and creative hand built stoneware sculptures. Exhibit runs through August. 5-9 p.m.
5. Boise Art Museum-670 Julia Davis Dr., Boise, 345-8330, www.boiseartmuseum.org. Art Talk. Free admission all day on First Thursday! Enjoy Art Talk at 5:30 p.m. and Studio Art Exploration from 5-8 p.m. Currently exhibiting Georgia O'Keefe: Visions of the Sublime. 10 a.m.-9 p.m.
6. The Bouquet-1010 W. Main St., Boise, 345-6605, www.thebouquet.net. Art in the Bar. Featuring young alternative local artists. With live music. 7 p.m.-2 a.m.
7. Brown's Gallery-1022 Main St., Boise, 342-6661. Plein Air Painters of Idaho. An opening reception for an exhibit of works by more than a dozen artists, all done in the style of the 19th century French art movement. Plein Air Painters of Idaho's mission is to represent the states' scenic and historic places. First day features an opening reception. 5-9 p.m.
8. Art Under the Stars-The Grove, downtown Boise, 371-7004 or 345-9287. Come enjoy art, wine and hors d'oeuvres at this wonderful outdoor gallery in the heart of Boise at on the Grove. Art Under the Stars is an outdoor public art gallery and features local and regional artists, many of them current members of the Capital City Public Market. Artists will be showing and selling work at this unique event. Featured artists include mosaics and metal workers, photographers, painters, printmakers, ceramic artists and fine jewelers. Art Under the Stars is on the first Thursday of each month through October. 5-9 p.m.,
9. Financial Educators of Idaho-1020 W. Main, Ste. 100, Boise, 383-0200. Photography and art. A non-traditional setting for viewing art. Photography by Lindsey Byron and art by Bill Blahd. Wine and cheese.
10. Flying M Coffeehouse-500 W. Idaho St., Boise, 345-4320. Mitch York. With new works by local photographer Mitch York. Exhibited through July. (Works are available for purchase.) Until 11 p.m.
11. Gallery 601-211 N. 10th St., Boise, 336-5899. Canine Loyalty and Emotions Captured in Print. John Weiss' realistic, loving portraits of man's best friend. Opening reception. The artist will attend and will personalize any work purchased. 6-9 p.m.
12. The Grove-Gypsy Gallery on the Grove. Original works from visual artists Justin Miller, Jany Seda, Naomi Elton and Dan Looney, as well as glass artist Nicole Mills. Music by Ancestral Cadence and jazz on the patio at the Bistro. 5-9 p.m.
13. Idaho Black History Museum-508 Julia Davis Drive, Boise, 433-0017, www.ibhm.org. The Invisible Idahoan: 200 Years of Blacks in Idaho. Come view the current series in this exhibit, which details the substantial contributions African-Americans have made to the laws, culture and society of Idaho. First Thursday admission is free. 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
14. Idaho Camera-170 N. 8th St., Boise, 344-8303. Idaho Photographic Workshop Exhibition. Exhibition of photographs by local artists from the Idaho Photographic Workshop. Open until 8 p.m.
15. Lindley Glass Studio-217 N. 10th St., Boise, 342-8024. Lampworking demonstration by local artist Francie Loveall of Love All Beads.
16. Lisk Gallery-850 W. Main St., Boise, 342-3773. Photography Exhibition. Photographs of desert and wilderness landscapes by nationally known Idaho photographer Mark Lisk, and paintings of tree shapes and landforms by artist Jerri Lisk.
17. The Loft-622 W. Idaho St., Boise. Photography at the Loft. Photo Gallery show featuring Erica Deshner, John Wells, Anita Quick and more. Cityscapes, nudes, landscapes, and illustration photography.
18. R. Grey Jewelry Gallery-818 W. Idaho St., Boise, 385-9337. An Evening with the Artist. James Binnion creates unique jewelry using a 17th century Japanese metal lamination process called Mokume Gane. Come meet the artist. Appetizers and spirits served.
19. Satchel's Grill-705 W. Bannock St., Boise, 344-3752. Nature Photography. Featuring the nature photography of Jerry Kencke. Meet the artist during this opening reception. With live music. 6-9 p.m.