- St. Luke's Magic Valley Medical Center
Three days after officials at St. Luke's Magic Valley Medical Center confirmed that a child had died after being administered the wrong medication at the hospital, an attorney representing the family of the child identified the victim as 7-month-old August Elliot.
This morning's Twin Falls Times-News reports that attorney Jarom Whitehead said Sept. 27 that the child's family is working with the hospital in its investigation, but would not discuss the specifics of the infant's death. In a Facebook post, the child's mother, Tiffany Elliot, wrote her son was being treated at the hospital for a heart condition, according to the Times-News.
"It was an overdose," Whitehead told the Times-News. "That is consistent with what the family believes with them being there. Until the hospital releases more information to us, that's all we know."
The findings from a hospital investigation are expected to be forwarded to Idaho officials by week's end, and the Twin Falls County Prosecutor's Office has confirmed that Twin Falls Police have been asked to assist in the investigation.