- Ada County Elections
- Step right up and participate in democracy.
Ada County Election officials announced Thursday that nearly 20,000 people had already participated in early voting, averaging about 2,000 early voters per day. So, in addition to the Monday through Friday early voting opportunities at five locations (see below), elections officials are also preparing to offer special Saturday early voting hours on October 29th.
“With the record volume of voters we’re experiencing, we wanted to give the opportunity to those folks who work during our normal early voting hours,” said Ada County Clerk, Chris Rich.
The Saturday early voting hours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m., will be available at the Ada County Elections Office at 400 N. Benjamin Lane, near the Towne Square Mall.
Additionally, election officials said Friday, October 28th will be the final day for Ada County residents to request an absentee ballot. Of the 26,118 absentee ballots that have already been issued, 11,410 have been returned to the elections office. You can find full information on the absentee ballot process by clicking here.
ORIGINAL POST: October 26, 2016
As expected, Ada County elections officials say they're on track to break all previous early voting records. In the first week of early voting, Ada County registered more than 11,500 ballots cast by early voters.
The previous daily average record in the 2012 general election was about 900 early ballots, while this year the average is more than 2,000 early voters per day. Additionally, Ada County mailed out more than 24,000 absentee ballots and that number continues to rise as well. The final day to request an absentee ballot is Friday, Oct. 28.
- Ada County Elections
"There's every reason to believe that we'll see a record number of early voters," Ada County Deputy Clerk Phil McGrane said at the time.
Now there are five possible locations for early voting through the next couple of weeks:
- Boise City Hall: 150 N. Capitol Blvd., Boise (Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- Meridian City Hall: 33 E. Broadway Ave., Meridian (Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- Eagle Senior Center: 312 E. State St., Eagle (Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- Ada County Elections: 400 Benjamin Lane, Suite 100, Boise (Monday–Friday, 7 a.m.–6 p.m.)
- Oct. 26, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Idaho Power, 1221 W. Idaho St., Boise
- Oct. 27, 11 a.m.-5 p.m., Albertsons, 700 E. Avalon St., Kuna
- Oct. 28, 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Boise State University, 1910 W. University Drive, Boise
- Oct. 31-Nov. 4, 10 a.m.-6 p.m., Eight and Bannock streets, downtown Boise