- Bingo Barnes
- Following a family service in Houston today, the body of former U.S. President George H.W. Bush will be taken by train to College Station, Texas, to be interred next to his wife, Barbara, and Robin, their daughter who died of leukemia at age 3. All five living presidents and more than 3,000 mourners attended a funeral service in Washington, D.C., on Wednesday, where the 41st president was remembered as a "kinder and gentler" leader.
George Bush's funeral train will take him on one last journey through Texas on Thursday https://t.co/nnefcTKO10— The New York Times (@nytimes) December 6, 2018
- Five U.S. Marines are still missing after two American planes were involved in an accident in Japan early today. USA Today reports that one Marine was rescued from the accident, while another was killed.
- A group calling itself the Party for Socialism and Liberation will host an event at the Boise Main Library this evening, where its members will express their displeasure over military training exercises in and over the City of Boise.
- Boise Police were redirecting traffic early this morning as City of Boise Public Works crews repaired a geothermal line break. The pre-dawn break was reported around 7 a.m. on the north side of Boise High School. Traffic was diverted away from the intersection of 10th and Franklin streets.
- The Ada County Elections office confirmed Wednesday that, following an official recount, the initial result of the Idaho House race in legislative district No. 15 is unchanged, with incumbent Rep. Fred Martin (R-Boise) defeating Democratic challenger Jim Bratnober.
- Luxembourg is about to become the first nation in the world to make all of its public transportation free. The Guardian reports that, beginning next summer, fares will be eliminated on all trains and buses.
- Getty Open Content
- Award season moved into the HOV lane this morning, when the Hollywood Foreign Press unveiled its 2019 Golden Globe Award nominations. A sleepy Tinsel Town woke up to learn that the nominees for Best Drama Film are BlacKkKlansman, Black Panther, Bohemian Rhapsody, If Beale Street Could Talk and A Star is Born. Nominees for Best Motion Picture, Musical or Comedy, are Crazy Rich Asians, The Favourite, Green Book, Mary Poppins Returns and Vice. Best Drama TV Series nominees are The Americans, Bodyguard, Homecoming, Killing Eve and Pose, and Best Comedy/Musical TV Series nominees are Barry, The Good Place, Kidding, The Kominsky Method and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. The ceremony will be televised by NBC on Sunday, Jan. 6.