CYNTHIA SEWELL'S FAVORITE INSOMNIA PASTIMES
1. Name all 50 states in alphabetical order, ascending and descending.
2. Count the Dalmatian's spots (they are easy to see in the dark).
3. Repeatedly ask my husband if he is awake; when he mumbles, "I am now," launch into an exhaustive oral dissertation on a variety of issues like can you see oxygen?; how did we transition so quickly from the Middle/Dark Ages to the Renaissance?; why were there so many assassinations in the U.S. in the 1960s and none since?; or, (last night's topic) Appalachian stereotypes and why the banjo is underappreciated.
4. Count to 100, 500, 1,000 by even numbers and then backwards to 1 by odd numbers.
5. Visualize all the people in the neighborhood, city, country peacefully sleeping and try to mind-meld or use osmosis to join them in their heavenly slumber. If that doesn't work, put a collective curse or the gris-gris on all of them.
6. Create anagrams using the names of all the Brady Bunch kids (ie: Greg Brady = Brag Greyd or Drag Gebry)
7. Compose inane Top 7 lists. :