2014 has seen particular tension surrounding several issues:
- The appearance and disappearance of a buffered bike lane on Capitol Boulevard, which city officials said was "set up to fail."
- The continued scuffle over the placement of so-called "smart meters" on Boise streets that remains unresolved.
- City officials' concerns over "a number of unexpected changes in priority" that create a "domino effect" in ACHD's new five-year plan of projects.
- Disagreements over where roundabouts should be implemented in Boise's downtown.
- Debates over bike lane configurations on Main and Idaho streets.
So it will be of particular interest when the Boise City Council and the ACHD Commission will hold a rare joint meeting at noon this coming Tuesday, Sept. 23. The public session will be held at Boise City Hall.