Boise Weekly is now accepting applications for our annual Cover Auction Grant.
Each year, Boise Weekly hosts its annual Cover Art Auction, when we sell off a year's worth of cover art from local artists.
For the last decade, we've been giving away the proceeds of our annual auction to arts organizations and individual artists in doing our part to help local artists thrive in our fair city.
In 2010, we gave away almost $16,000.
This year's tally came to just under $17,000.
Now, it's time to give it away. Boise Weekly has begun accepting grant applications to get rid of the wad of cash we raised.
Individuals and organizations wishing to be considered as recipients of this year’s grant must submit a proposal answering the following questions. A panel of judges will review the applications and select one or multiple recipients. In memory of two regular BW cover artists, two $1,000 grants will be awarded to individual artists. At least one individual artist will be awarded the PJ Dean Grant and at least one individual artist will be awarded the Surel Mitchell Grant. The remaining funds will be awarded to arts organizations.
1. How do you or how does your organization support local artists?
2. Will this grant fund a new project or an existing project?
3. What is the proposed budget for the project?
4. How will the grant be used?
5. Where is the location of the project and what is its accessibility?
6. How will this project benefit the community and support the mission of the Boise Weekly Cover Art Auction?
All proposals must be submitted to Boise Weekly at 523 Broad St. by 5 p.m. on Feb. 3, 2012. The judging committee will announce its decisions in Boise Weekly in late February.
For more information, contact Office Manager Shea Sutton at 208-344-2055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.