What's a Tea Partier to do?
First the Tea Party Express endorses Democrat Walt Minnick in the First Congressional District, for standing by his word and voting conservatively. Then Tea Party Boise settles some internal dispute and decides to make one endorsement in the First CD: Republican Raul Labrador.
And on Friday, Tea Party mascot Sarah Palin is coming to Boise to stump for First Congressional District candidate Vaughn Ward. Oh, it's so confusing. And why is Harley Brown not getting any Tea Love?
Well, Citydesk does not want Palin to be confused. She is, after all, an Idaho native. And luckily, Friday is a busy summer day in Boise. So here are 10 things Palin should do while she's in town:
1. Ride Rex Rammell's dinosaur. (Alternately, there is always the mechanical bull at Dirty Little Roddy'
2. Picket the Boise Bike Week
Block Party with "Drill, Baby, Drill" placard.
3. Try to get 50 free Idaho potato pins
from the Idaho Potato Commission (technically only current Idaho residents are eligible for the pins, but maybe they'll grandfather her in).
4. Go see Starfucker at Neurolux
($10 at the door).
5. Buy a 2010 Idaho Sportsman's Package and a wolf tag from Fish and Game ... just in case there is a wolf at the Starfucker show.
6. Go to Cabela's and look at a big, stuffed moose.
7. Update her Facebook page with something like "Sarah Palin likes Boise Weekly's Top 10 Things to do in Boise list. I'm going to do them all!"
8. Go tubing on the Boise River. (We know it's freezing, but she doesn't.)
9. Discuss with Vaughn Ward which GOP Young Guns have the best talking points
and what kind of pen is best for writing crib notes on palms.