- Bingo Barnes
- Members of Special Counsel Robert Mueller's team say that Attorney General William Barr hasn't adequately portrayed their findings, which they said were a lot more troubling for President Trump than Barr has indicated. The New York Times reports that the dispute—the first evidence of tension between Barr and the special counsel's office—could determine who shapes the public's understanding of the investigation.
Members of Mueller’s team have told associates that Attorney General William Barr failed to adequately portray the findings of their inquiry https://t.co/QicgQvAREK— The New York Times (@nytimes) April 3, 2019
- Idaho State Fire Marshal investigators have concluded that a March 17 fatal home explosion in McCall was due to a buildup of propane in a crawl space. Investigators said that the home's furnace had been relocated to the ground floor, causing the gas buildup. A male occupant was killed and a teenage girl seriously injured in the blast.
- CNBC reports that the
- Conner Jackson
- ABC News reports that five states (Idaho isn't one of them) are suing the Trump administration for rolling back school lunch nutrition standards initially championed by former First Lady Michelle Obama. The changes finalized by the Trump administration last year included curbing sodium limits in schoolkids' food.
- Bloomberg news reports that Australia passed sweeping legislation early today that would, among other measures, result in jail time for executives of social media companies who fail to rapidly remove "abhorrent violent material."
- Advance tickets for Avengers: Endgame went on sale earlier this week, and IndieWire.com reports that ticket services such as Fandango, AMC Theaters and Atom Tickets have experienced server crashes due to the high volume of demand. In fact, opening weekend tickets are already so hard to get in some cities that people are selling their tickets on Ebay for more than $2,000. The film opens nationwide on Friday, April 26.
- There have already been some crazy condiment mash-ups, such as Mayochup, Mayomust and Mayocue. But are you ready for Kranch Saucy Sauce from Heinz?