- Thousands of public school teachers in Kentucky and Oklahoma walked off the job early today to demand higher wages and safer classrooms. ABC News reports that teacher rallies are scheduled in both states. This comes less than a month after West Virginia teachers went on a nine-day strike, which ended when the governor signed legislation giving them a 5 percent pay hike, their first in four years.
- A security breach has compromised the personal data of nearly five million customers of Saks Fifth Avenue and Lord & Taylor. The New York Times reports that a cybersecurity research firm said it appeared the data had been stolen using software implanted in the stores' cash register systems.
- High winds and a bit of snow smacked Treasure Valley commuters early Monday morning, in a dramatic reversal of the springtime splendor of Easter Sunday. The National Weather Service office in Boise issued a Wind Advisory for portions of the Upper Treasure Valley and Western Magic Valley, in effect until early this afternoon.
Wind Advisory for Monday. Windy conditions are expected across portions of the Upper Treasure Valley, Western Magic Valley and SRN Twin Falls County Monday morning through early afternoon. High profile vehicles should use caution. #idwx pic.twitter.com/RzbsZAmGlY— NWS Boise (@NWSBoise) April 1, 2018
- Steven Bochco, the producer/writer/director who almost single-handedly reinvented the television episodic drama in the 1970s and '80s, died Sunday. Variety reports that Bochco had been battling leukemia for several years. Bochco attracted as much controversy as he did critical claim for his breakout series Hill Street Blues and NYPD Blue.
- Steven Spielberg returned to the top of the North American box office this past weekend. His latest big screen adventure, Ready Player One, raked in more than $53 million in ticket sales over the Easter holiday. The New York Times reports that overseas audiences chipped in an additional $128 million.
- Notre Dame won the NCAA women's basketball tournament Sunday night with a buzzer-beater basket, overcoming Mississippi State 61-58. The men's championship game is set for tonight with Michigan taking on Villanova.