- Time magazine says today could "define Trump's presidency," as the President ponders his next move following an FBI raid of his personal lawyer's office and residence. Sources said the raid was triggered by information unearthed by special counsel Robert Mueller. Trump angrily denounced the raids as "disgraceful" and "an attack on our country in a true sense." Meanwhile, Trump will also need to decide sooner than later how to respond to a brutal chemical strike in Syria.
Why Tuesday could define Donald Trump’s presidency https://t.co/alY1OIwPx1— TIME (@TIME) April 10, 2018
- Sen. Tammy Duckworth (D-Illinois) made history Monday, becoming the first United States senator to give birth while in office. The New York Times reports Duckworth and husband Bryan Bowlsbey named their new daughter Maile Pearl Bowlsbey after Bowlsbey's great aunt Pearl Bowlsbey Johnson, who was an Army officer and served in World War II. Sen Duckworth herself is a retired U.S. Army Lieutenant Colonel, who lost both legs and damaged her right arm during the Iraq War.
- UPDATE: The Ada County Coroner has identified the victim of an early morning car fire as a 5-year-old female. Her name is being withheld pending further analysis. Two other people were injured in the fire in the parking lot of a Walmart on West Overland Road. Boise Police said all three had been asleep in the car. A preliminary investigation shows there was a portable heating device in the vehicle, believed to have started the fire. The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives is assisting in the investigation.
- Alaska Airlines narrowly edged out Delta in the latest rankings of airline quality. CNBC reports that the study looked at four issues: percentage of bags mishandled, on-time arrivals, denied boardings and complaints to the Department of Transportation. Alaska and Delta were followed by JetBlue, Hawaiian and Southwest airlines.
- Actress Zoe Saldana is slamming what she calls Hollywood "elitists" for looking down their noses at actors and filmmakers who work on superhero movies. In an interview with Net-A-Porter magazine, Saldana, who appears in the Guardians of the Galaxy, Star Trek and Avatar franchises, said the responsibility of playing a superhero is often overlooked.
Actress Zoe Saldana talks about heroines, tackling hate and how women can empower each other in PorterEdit’s exclusive video.#PORTEREdit #zoesaldana@zoesaldana @NETAPORTER @PORTERmagazine pic.twitter.com/ti2rCJ97lg— Zoe Saldana Fansite (@ZoeSaldanaCom) April 9, 2018
- Seth Meyers told his audience on his NBC late-night talk show Monday that his wife gave birth to a son April 8, but they didn't make it to the hospital. In fact, newborn Axel Strahl was born in the lobby of the couple's apartment building.
"I called 911 and over the course of a minute conversation, I said, 'We're about to have a baby—we're having a baby—we had a baby,'" said Meyers.