Own up to it: You're a procrastinator. It's OK to admit it; we're not judging you. In fact, because we know you waited until the very last minute to get your application together for free cash money for your next kick-ass art-related creation, we've extended the deadline for our annual Cover Auction Grants.
Now, you have until Friday, Feb. 10, to tell us you want a chunk of the dough we have to give out.
Here's what you need to know:
Individuals and organizations wishing to be considered as recipients of this year’s grants must submit a proposal answering the following questions. A panel of judges will review the applications and select one or multiple recipients. In memory of two regular BW cover artists, two $1,000 grants will be awarded to individual artists. At least one individual artist will be awarded the P.J. Dean Grant and at least one individual artist will be awarded the Surel Mitchell Grant. The remaining funds will be awarded to arts organizations.
1. How do you or how does your organization support local artists?
2. Will this grant fund a new project or an existing project?
3. What is the proposed budget for the project?
4. How will the grant be used?
5. Where is the location of the project and what is its accessibility?
6. How will this project benefit the community and support the mission of the Boise Weekly Cover Art Auction?
All proposals must be submitted to Boise Weekly at 523 Broad St. by 5 p.m. on Feb. 10, 2012. The judging committee will announce its decision in Boise Weekly in late February.
For more information, contact Office Manager Shea Sutton at 208-344-2055 or firstname.lastname@example.org.