The next Ignite Boise is in the works, people.
The third round of igniting takes the stage at the Egyptian Theater Thursday, Nov. 12, at 7 p.m. As always, admission is free, ticket holders get in at 6 p.m. to snag choice seats while those sans tix can waltz on in at 6:30 p.m. and fight for the leftovers.
Apparently getting through submission presentations is a tough process this time around. The chosen few thus far include:
• Tony Harrison, "All Aboard the Soul Funky Train (a.k.a. Fundamentals of Supergroovalisticprosifunkstication)"
• Sherman Leibow, "A Quick Primer on Slow-Cooked Barbecue"
• Kevin Richert, "Every Springfield Needs a Shelbyville"
• Brian Harrison, "Weasel Words: How to Keep from Committing to Anything (Without Even Trying)"
• Holli High Woodings, "Don’t be lazy, SAVE THE PLANET!"
Each presenter will have five minutes and 20 slides that automatically change every 15 seconds to talk about anything they want. You've missed your chance to submit a presentation for this go around, but there's always Ignite Boise 4.