If you haven’t noticed already, there are a whole lot of really fit people in town this weekend. They’re here for the annual 70.3 Boise Triathlon on Saturday, June 13. But while they run, swim and bike their way to glory, the rest of us who prefer to drive there are going to have to be aware of some road closures.
Here’s what closing and when in the city of Boise:
• Capitol Boulevard: The road will be closed between Front and Myrtle beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 12 through 2 a.m. on Sunday, June 14.
• Front Street: This closure will be between Capitol Boulevard and Ninth Street from noon on Saturday, June 13 through 2 a.m. on Sunday, June 14.
• Myrtle Street: The road is closed between Ninth Street and Capitol Boulevard from 4 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, June 13.
• Eighth Street: This one is closed from Front Street to the Greenbelt beginning at 6 p.m. on Friday, June 12 through 2 a.m. on Sunday, June 14.
• Federal Way: Traffic will be restricted in both directions throughout the race, while the westbound lanes will be closed from 2 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 13.
• Gowen Road: This closure will be between Federal Way and Pleasant Valley from 2 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, June 13, while the exits off I-84 will be closed from 1 to 8 p.m. the same day.
• Highway 21: The road will be closed at Federal way east from roughly 2:20 to 4:20 p.m. on Saturday, June 13.
• Greenbelt: The path will be restricted between the Broadway bridge to Quinn’s Pond from 4 to 11 p.m. on Saturday, June 13.
Signs will be posted directing drivers toward detours, but your best bet is to plan ahead.