With the Allen & Co. conference attracting a wide swath of media, political and technology moguls, the annual affair, which gets under way today at the Sun Valley Resort, also attracts an interesting mix of business and entertainment reporters.
And The Hollywood Reporter is out with a story predicting some of the big headlines expected to surface at the confab, which runs through Sunday:
1. 21st Century Fox CEO Rupert Murdoch is reportedly interested in buying Time Warner (both men are in Sun Valley).
2. David Zaslav, CEO of Discovery Communications, is also on the prowl for new acquisitions. The Hollywood Reporter says Scripps, parent company of HGTV and the Food Network, may be ripe for the picking. Additionally, Disney CEO Big Iger reportedly wants to make a play for Discovery.
3. Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam is reportedly interested in gobbling up other media companies. Verizon acquired Intel Media earlier this year and still has its eye on Hulu.
4. Movie mogul Harvey Weinstein reportedly is considering a public offering for his TV division, which includes hits such as Project Runway and Mob Wives.
5. The Hollywood Reporter says Sun Valley is packed with a number of top executives from private online companies looking for investment capital or initial public offerings.