An abandoned sawmill in East Boise was the scene of a fast moving fire Monday night, but Boise Firefighters were able to quell the blaze, which was sparked inside of a hopper.
Neighbors reported thick smoke coming from the old sawmill on the 1600 block of East Yamhill Road at South Federal Way just after 7 p.m.. The first fire crews on the scene said that flames were coming from a small amount of sawdust left inside of a hopper.
It turns out that welders had been working in the area earlier in the day, using cutting torches to dismantle the former lumber yard. Firefighters say either heat, a spark, or a both ignited the sawdust.
No injuries were reported.