Electrical Fire Evacuates Downtown Boise Apartment Complex

by

boise_fire_1.jpg

A fire, sparked beneath a mechanical room on the roof of a downtown Boise apartment complex, resulted in the evacuation of the building, with two residents being sent to the hospital for stress-related complaints.

Boise firefighters were called just after 11 p.m. May 27 to the Civic Plaza Apartments at 252 East Front Street after residents said smoke had begun pouring into the upper floors of the building.

Firefighters followed readings from a thermal imager, cut open the floor of the rooftop mechanical room and found flames between a small, void space near one of the building's hot water boilers.

The blaze was confined to a single apartment.

The Boise Fire Burnout Fund and the Red Cross assisted several residents of the complex. Some of the residents were relocated to a nearby motel.