Boise officials have unveiled a scheduled for public input leading to a new two-year budget for the City of Trees. Comments will formally begin Tuesday, June 21, and run through mid-August in anticipation of a new spending plan effective October 1 through September 30, 2013.
The public comment period includes:
- Tuesday, June 21: The public will be able to weigh in prior to the regular City Council meeting. Each person will be allowed up to three minutes.
- Monday, June 27-Wednesday, June 29: Budget workshops will be held in the Bonneville Room on the third floor of City Hall.
- Saturday, July 16: Mayor Dave Bieter will be available to the public during his "Saturday office hours."
- Tuesday, July 19: Public hearing on proposed fee increases.
- Tuesday, August 16: Final public hearing and vote on Fiscal Year 2012-2013 budget.
The proposed budget will be available online beginning Friday, June 17.