Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch volunteer, has claimed that he was acting in self-defense when he shot Martin, an unarmed 17-year-old, on Feb. 26 in Sanford, Fla. The video, enhanced by ABC News, seems to support Zimmerman's claims that he and Martin had been in a violent fight. However, there are still inconsistencies in Zimmerman's account about what happened that night.
Zimmerman had claimed that Martin slammed his head into the pavement. In an interview with CNN, Zimmerman's brother also attempted to portray the shooter as the victim.
"The last thing [George Zimmerman] remembers doing was moving his head from the concrete to the grass," Zimmerman's brother told CNN.
Zimmerman also said that he suffered from a broken nose after Martin punched him, MSNBC reported.
But a video filmed 30 minutes after Zimmerman shot Martin cast serious doubt's on Zimmerman's story after it was released to ABC last week. The video showed no obvious signs of injuries on Zimmerman.
However, ABC News enhanced the video and did find large red marks on the back of Zimmerman's head, the news station reported Monday.
But there is still no sign that Zimmerman's nose was broken. Dr. Vidor Friedman, president of the Florida College of Emergency Physicians, cast several doubts on Zimmerman's story. "It doesn't look like his nose was broken or badly broken," Friedman told ABC.
Friedman also told ABC that Zimmerman's head injuries don't look severe enough to prove that his head was slammed onto the pavement. "If somebody had been beating his head against concrete I'd think we'd see more obvious scrapes."
In addition, the funeral director who handled Martin's body told Nancy Grace that there were no cuts or bruises on Martin's hands to indicate that he had punched Zimmerman.