1. Making gay marriage "double illegal" (since the constitutional amendment bans what is already outlawed) is a big fat alarmist waste of taxpayer money.
2. Monogamy. Commitment. Hmm ... those sound like family values.
3. I'm not gay, but my son/sister/cousin/uncle/best friend is.
4. How can anything sanctioned by the state be protected as "sacred"?
6. The amendment will specifically not recognize any form of domestic partnership outside of marriage--gay or straight.
6. Equal rights apply to all equally. Including people who aren't you.
7. Maybe it's not your ox being gored this time. Next time: who knows?