Lewiston Man Bitten By Rattlesnake at Walmart



An Idaho man remains hospitalized after being bitten by a rattlesnake in the outdoor garden department of a Lewiston Walmart.

The Lewiston Tribune reports that Mica Craig reached down to grab what he thought was a stick to toss it out of the aisle, but the stick turned out to be a brown rattlesnake, which immediately latched onto his hand.

"I did a tap dance on it and got it killed," Craig told the Tribune.

Craig said an alert couple rushed him to an urgent care clinic, where a physician told him to get to a hospital.

He was treated and released from St. Joseph Regional Medical Center in the belief that the snake had not injected any venom into Craig, but by the time he reached his home, Craig said his arm was "the size of a cantaloup." He was rushed back the hospital, where he said he "was treated with six bags of anti-venom."

Meanwhile, Walmart officials said a pest control company was clearing the garden area. Craig said that Walmart officials had found other snakes, but a Walmart manager would not confirm or deny for the Tribune if the incident had even happened.


Comments are closed.