by Deanna Darr
Planning on heading downtown on Saturday, Sept. 25? Good Luck.
Between the Women's Fitness Celebration (estimated 12,000 participants), the Boise State vs. Oregon State game (estimated 16,000 participants for the pre-game festivities alone) and the assortment of regularly scheduled weekend events, parking and driving in the downtown core is going to be challenging at best.
Here's the rundown of some of the traffic restrictions according to the Ada County Highway District to help you plan your route:
• Capitol Boulevard will be closed from 8:30-10:30 a.m.
• Crescent Rim Drive will be closed from 8:30-11 a.m.
• Americana Boulevard will be closed between Shoreline Drive and Crescent Rim Drive from 7 a.m.-noon.
• A 12-block area of Downtown, from roughly State Street to Grove Street, between Capitol Boulevard and Sixth Street will be closed from 7-10:30 a.m.
Parking will be a pain starting as early as 5 a.m.—that's when the die-hard Bronco fans are being told to show up at Bronco Stadium to participate in the GameDay broadcast. Because of the conflicting events, anyone heading to Boise State is advised to use Broadway Avenue.
ACHD will be monitoring traffic throughout the day, but no matter what, it's sure to be a headache for drivers.
As usual, parking will also be a gamble, but to help the situation, downtown parking garages will charge only $5 for event parking and a regular shuttle will take fans to and from the game. Pick-up locations will be at:
• Eighth and Main streets
• Eighth and Broad streets
• Sixth and Grove streets
• Ninth Street between Main and Idaho streets
• Eighth and Fulton streets
The shuttle will run every 15 minutes starting two hours before the game (which starts at 6:12 p.m.), as well as for one hour after the game.