The College of Western Idaho is asking the public to chime in on what folks would like to see at a community college. On upcoming Thursdays: Aug. 21 at 7 p.m. at the Nampa Civic Center and Aug. 28 at 7 p.m. at the Boise Center on the Grove the nascent college will hold a pair of "community conversations."
Topics for discussion include:
- What should CWI offer in terms of classes?
- What kind of educational experience should CWI create to enable students to be prepared for the 21st century workplace?
- What are the specific actions CWI should take to be a catalyst for economic development?
- How can CWI partner with employers to provide workforce development opportunities?
- How should CWI attract and retain students?
- How can CWI contribute to the well-being of our community?
wrote recently about some consternation among community college-like instructors
at Boise State. Perhaps they have some questions of their own?